Celtech Consultancy Ltd. Links | Sitemap | Contact Us

Latest News

Do I need to involve the local authority if I use an approved Inspector?

Posted in FAQs on 29 April 2007

No. If you use an approved inspector they will take on all responsibility for plan checking and inspection of your building work. The AI will notify the relevant local authority of your intended building work by means of an initial notice so that it can be recorded for future land searches. Once the work has been completed and satisfies the Building Regulation requirements, the AI will issue a final certificate to the local authority. No fee is payable to the council they will not be the approving body for building control and should not attend site once you have appointed an AI.